Time To Pay may be approved for eligible programs if a student has difficulty paying the full amount for the enrolment up front.
Time To Pay arrangements vary between courses and may not be available for all programs and all applicants.
An application for Time To Pay must be completed on the prescribed form (IF091) prior to enrolment. This form is available from any BNIT Customer Service Centre. Enrolment cannot occur unless the Time To Pay application has been approved and the first payment made.
The authorised officer will set payments according to the applicant's financial circumstances. A schedule of agreed payments will be issued at the time of enrolment. Payments must be made by the due date.
Where an instalment plan is approved, the first payment must be made at the time of enrolment.
Cancellation of enrolment does not necessarily cancel the obligation to make all payments under an existing Time To Pay plan.
The criteria for a standard (government funded) Time To Pay arrangement is:
- the total cost of enrolment must be greater than $75
- adequate identification is provided to verify address
- students under 18 years of age must have a parent/guardian complete the Guarantor Declaration
- the student does not have a written-off debt with TAFE Queensland
- the student does not have previous Time to Pay instalments currently outstanding; and
- the student is able to pay a minimum deposit.
Time To Pay may be offered on a weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayment schedule and unless otherwise specified the total Time To Pay plan shall be completed at least 30 days prior to the end of the student's program of study for which a Time To Pay plan has been provided.
Students unsure of which Time To Pay category their enrolment fits into should discuss with a Customer Service Centre consultant prior to enrolment.
For further detailed information regarding payment plans, including Time To Pay for Fee for Service, Leveraged and TAFE Open Learning programs please refer to the BNIT Student Guide.