Practical People Management Matters Program (PPMM)
The PPMM is five one-day workshops that hone the change management, leadership and communication skills of public sector supervisors.
From first time team leaders to more senior managers (approximately AO4 to AO7), this course is ideal for departments and agencies undergoing change and requiring effective team work and improved clarity of communication.
Brisbane: 16 April, 30 April, 14 May, 21 May and 11 June
Regional Locations: Please contact us
Fees: $1,400 per person with group discounts available
To book your staff in, please contact:
Phone: 1300 QUALITY (1300 782 548)
What areas does the PPMM address?
Our unique five day program bridges the gap between a short practical workshop and a full theory based qualification. We deliver this over five face-to-face workshops, comprising the following modules:
- Leading Change
- Leading Successful Teams
- Contemporary Public Sector Management
- Improving Workplace Diversity and Equity
- What is a Manager or Team Leader?
- Communicate Effectively
- Negotiation and Conflict Management
- Developing Teams and Individuals.
Following completion of the program, participants have the opportunity to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for three Certificate IV units of competency and transition to further study.
BNIT's program can be customised for you
Our instructional designers and content experts are available to customise the PPMM and develop innovative learning solutions to match your requirements. We would be pleased to discuss your requirements and provide you with a proposal.
Benefits for participants
Our PPMM provides an understanding of public sector management, along with practical skills to apply best practices to staff supervision. By the end of the course participants will:
- understand their role as a supervisor or manager in the public sector context
- have increased knowledge of relevant legislation and workplace policies
- gain confidence in people, performance and change management
- learn specific strategies, skills and practices to meeting organisational and workforce needs
- be able to apply their action learning to a work project.
Benefits for your organisation
Our PPMM will enable your staff to develop their supervisory skills and achieve the following outcomes for your organisation:
- improved 'buy in' of staff in supporting strategic direction
- increased productivity, with more effective team work and positive response to change
- enhanced working relationships, with the ability to build and sustain positive
- relationships within teams, and promote the value of differences and diversity
- increased public service professionalism and probity
- improved clarity of communication and negotiation.
Flexible delivery where you are
When you partner with BNIT, geography is no barrier. As the largest TAFE Institute in Queensland, we have the capacity and capability to offer this program state-wide. We currently run a number of different courses throughout Queensland and are delivering workshops in Weipa, Townsville, Cairns, Mount Isa, Gladstone, Rockhampton, Longreach, Aurukun, Sunshine Coast, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Gatton and Toowoomba.
Our PPMM can be timetabled to your requirements. We recommend a study pattern of a three day session - break of four weeks - and a two day final session but we can tailor the schedule to suit. The program will be offered as both public classes and in-house training across Queensland.
+ Subscribe to BNIT News - monthly corporate newsletter
Let the BNIT funding experts partner with your business to 'Keep your staff skilled and ready'.